Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
There are too many good restaurants in Puerto Vallarta to list but here are some ideas. When dining in México you must ask for the check, as it is considered rude to present it before the diners are ready to leave. Always review your bill.
Basilio Badillo is “restaurant row” and Olas Altas has many good places.
- $ Catedrál — good meals, very reasonable
- $$ Fajita Republic — as the name implies, very good fajitas
- $$ Memo’s Casa de Hotcakes — very good breakfast restaurant
- $$ Fredy’s El Toucan
- $$$ Roberto’s 7 Las Margaritas
- $$$ Café de Olla — consistently the best restaurant in town. Very bustling/busy, but the food’s worth waiting in line
- $$$ Joe Jack’s Fish Shack — very good chicken and beer-battered fish
- $$$ Frankfurt Café — excellent food with German touch. Buffet 3 nights/week
- $$$ Margarita Grill — very good. Great music + ambience
- $$$$ Las Cazuelas — good food, small portions
- $ Café Tizoc — good breakfast, very friendly service
- $$ Mama Dolores — good breakfast, Sunday night turkey dinner
- $$ Playa Los Arcos — the hotel next door to the condo. Music 2 nights a week
- $$ Andale’s Bar — good food, good local bar, music. 2nd- or 3rd-floor seating to eat
- $$ Mariscos Fila — excellent coconut shrimp, fish, guacamole
- $$ La Bohemio — on Gomez. Inexpensive, good food
- $$ Piazetta — very good pizza and Italian food
- $$$ Angelo’s
- $$$ Archie’s Wok — the best Asian food in P.V.
- $$$$ Café Maxmilian — excellent food; sit outside and people watch
- $ Fedencio — past El Dorado, near the Blue Chairs.
- $$ Cuates y Cuetes (CC’s to the locals) — south of Playa Los Arcos. Fun to have breakfast and watch the boats (plus GREAT chorizo!)
- $$ Los Burros Bar — north on the beach. Casual beach bar; seems like it’s always happy hour.
- $$$ El Dorado — past La Palapa
- $$$ Sand Bar/Langostino’s
- $$$$ Coco Tropical — excellent service, wonderful food, front-row seat for sunsets, happy hour with tapas, access right from the Plaza Dorada pool!
- $$$$ La Palapa — south along the beach past the pier and Lazy Lizard. Excellent food; first restaurant in Puerto Vallarta!
- $$$$ Daiquiri Dick’s — a PV tradition. Great location (same building as the condo)
Restaurants With a View:
- $$$ Filipe’s — nice view
- $$$ Las Carmelitas — on top of the hill, above the town. Excellent view of Puerto Vallarta and the ocean.
- $$$ Blue Shrimp — right on the beach, good food
- $$$$ El Panarama — top floor of La Siesta Hotel. Food is OK, great view
- $$$$ Le Kliff — south past Mismaloya, spectacular sunsets
- $$$$ El Set — excellent food, gorgeous sunsets in the winter
- $$$$ La Nube — 542 Matamoros, very expensive Italian
Along the Malecón:
Most of the restaurants on this walkway are restaurant/bars which also cater to late-night dancing.
- The Zoo
- Señor Frog’s
- Carlos O’Brian’s
- Murphy’s Irish Pub
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- $ Pancho’s Tacos – great tacos!
- $ San Lucas – 2nd floor, L. Cardenas & Insurgentes – cheap, good food
- $$ Pipi’s – long waits to get seated, huge portions of Mexican food. Pipila & G. Sanchez
- $$ Le Gourmet – 2 blocks from beach on Aquiles Serdan
- $$ Tony’s Please – L. Cardenas one block past the church – local place, friendly
- $$ Shrimp Factory – all you can eat
- $$ Café Tacuba (Victor’s) – at the end of Marina walkway, good food
- $$ Fajita Banana – at Marina, good food
- $$ Polo – on Madero about 4 blocks from beach. Good food
- $$ El Brujo – Carranza at Naranjo, good Mexican food, loud. Best to go by 7 p.m. because it gets busy
- $$$ Vitea – across the bridge before the arches, excellent
- $$$ El Torito – sports bar, good Margaritas, ribs, beer-battered shrimp
- $$$ Kit Kat – Pulpito 120, good food & martinis, entertainer Fri. & Sat.
- $$$ La Dolce Vita – on the Malecón, very good Italian
- $$$ The Red Cabbage – one block past Los Arbolitos
- $$$ De Santos – 700 blk. of Morelos. Good pizza and upscale Italian
- $$$ Oscar’s – on the island by the River Cuale
- $$$ Pastel Du Paris – Pino Saurez near Molina de Agua. French pastry, excellent quiche and pastries
- $$$$ Le Bistro – generally good food, beautiful setting. Insurgentes at the bridge
- $$$$ River Café – I. Vallarta at bridge.
- $$$$ Portobella – at the Marina. Good Italian restaurant
- $$$$ Bianco – on Insurgentes at bridge. New, good reputation
- $$$$ Xitomates – new, heard good things
- $$$$ Trio – Mediterranian, excellent food and service. Guerrero #264
- $$$$$ Café des Artistes – this restaurant is in a class by itself. Ask to sit in the garden if it is open. The fixed-rice tasting menu is spectacular but be prepared to spend about $100. Beautiful presentation. L. Vicario at G. Sanchez
Of course, there are many more restaurants in PV than we’ve listed here — these are just the tip of the iceberg of where to eat! Feel free to leave us a note if you find any other gems.
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in Puerto Vallarta, please visit our calendar to see our condominium’s availability. You can also contact us directly with an email or call 218-765-3017.